Sunday, September 18, 2011

This way, rivets and steel…

On my friday walk, I was looking for details. This can be found in rocks, walls, concrete, pavements. To keep it short, all over…

I am getting quite used to the frame on the Hipstamatic now. I always shoot with the precision framing option, because this gives me better control over the cropping. For newbees, this option is found in settings on the iPhone. the path is: Settings/Hipstamatic/Viewfinder Mode/Precision Framing.

I seldom shoot more than one or two times now for each object. As for the car underneath, its a one shot. I have almost 15000 prints with Hipstamatic now, so this has given me the experience needed. But I usually do two shots when I am this close to the object.

There is one more important detail, which is often forgotten. I have done this hundreds of times myself. Let the camera on the iPhone finish the zooming. If you shoot from the hip, you often get blurry pictures. Sometimes this is fun, but most of the times, just annoying.

The details which is shown in the prints, often amazes me. If you look at the steel rivets, bolts and spikes below, the details are beautiful.

I have a passion for building sites, that is true. So this is often seen in my prints.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted the little graffiti on the wall. Someone had sprayed La Linea on a red brick wall. I love these small details.

All prints are the John S Lens and the BlacKeys B+W Film.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to drop one… :)