Saturday, November 5, 2011

Equus ferus caballus

Equus ferus caballus is the domesticated horse in latin. Ever since I saw the horse photography from Jens Haugen, a great norwegian photographer, I have been looking for the perfect Hipstahorse…

Today the fog lay thick all around, and I knew a place close by where they keep horses. I walked there, and talked to the owner. He permitted me access to the horses. I went into the compound and started to shoot.

The first horse was a distinguished old lady. She is about 18 years old. And she was so calm and gentle. She liked to be scratched on the neck.

The horse in the last three prints is another matter altogether. His name is Emil, and he weighs over a metric ton (2200 pounds)! Needless to say, I felt very humble and small next to this great creature. But he was at ease and let me stroke his side an nose after a few sniffs.

I used only the Johns S Lens, and the AO DLX Film.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to drop one… :)