Sunday, October 2, 2011

A hunters reward…

DO NOT read this particular blog entry if you don't like to see dead animals.


On saturday I was going for a bike ride in the woods. In the area I am now, the hunting season has started. Here they hunt for moose, small game and wolves. The hunt for the wolves is very disputed, because there are now believed to be less than 40 wolves in the whole of Norway…

I followed a dirt road into the woods, and after a while, I came upon a hunters camp in the woods. They had been successful in their shooting, and 10 heads of the moose where lying in the grass. In the barn, there were a cow moose. The hunter said she was one year old, but she weighed in at 386 pounds! Which is very large for a one year old.

The legs, and head is for the most part thrown away. They are also used for dogs, or bait to catch fox.
The carcass in the last two prints show it stripped and ready. The meat of the moose is considered as a gourmet dish, and is one of my favorite.

I had myself a 20 miles trip today. I didn't see any living moose, but I saw an eagle, a large capercaille, three woodpeckers, and a pretty girl… All in all it can be called a good day…

All prints are the John S lens. Desaturated prints are the BlacKeys B+W Film, color are the Blanko Noir Film.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so feel free to drop one… :)